[Bmi] BMI Summer 2015

Juyang Weng weng at cse.msu.edu
Mon Mar 23 14:23:23 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues:

Thank inputs from you all!

(1) The tentativeBMI summer program 2015  <http://www.brain-mind-institute.org/program-summer-2015.html>  is now available.
We plan to have ICBM 2014 in East Lansing, Michigan.
We plan to offer three courses: BMI 831, BMI 861 and BMI 871.  BMI 861 is new.
A course will go ahead only if there is sufficient number of registrations.  Instructors other than me were paid.

(2) How do you think of the following new BMI 861 course?
http://www.brain-mind-institute.org/programs.html
Is it useful for you?  Any suggestions?

BMI 861 Brain Automata Theory: 3 credits. This course is designed for
researchers and students who would like to learn how brain automata
works. It is intended for those majoring in biology, neuroscience,
psychology, electrical engineering, and all other disciplines, but also
including those in computer science who would like to replace, or take
an alternative of, a traditional automata theory course. Basic models of
computation. Agents. Finite Automata. Turing Machines. Universal Turing
Machines. Brain as Finite Automata. Grounded brains as Turing Machines.
Time and space complexity. Brain perception. Brain cognition. Brain
abstraction. Brain decision-making. Brain reasoning. Brain thinking. Why
deep learning, convolution, and error back-propagation are not only
biologically implausible but also computationally inferior to the brain
automata. (Letters for credit transfer into your own degree program will
be provided by BMI.)

(3) Important dates:
Course applications (to get admitted so that you can register): by Sunday, April 5, 2015
ICBM full papers: by Sunday, April 19, 2015
ICBM abstracts: by Sunday, April 26, 2015
Notification of admission: Monday, April 27, 2015
Advance registration: by Sunday, May 10, 2015
International Conference on Brain Mind (ICBM): June 20-21, 2015

Best regards,

-John

--
--