[Bmi] I was banned from connectionist mailing list?

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Fri Apr 3 10:58:21 EDT 2015

Hi John,

I think the bottom line is, if you want folks in the neuroscience or
cog-sci or computing or engineering world to take BMM seriously and
actually read it, you should stop putting political content in it,
unless that political content is very *directly* related to neural or
cog-sci issues....  You should use a different outlook for
disseminating your political views.

Regarding using an alias for your political articles, that's a
separate issue.  But as someone who lives in China (I live in Hong
Kong, but visit Beijing often), I'll tell you my view....  First, the
Chinese gov't is not dumb and if they care they could very easily
deduce who wrote your BMM politics articles, in spite of your use of
an alias.  Second, they don't really care that much what is written in
English on the outside-China Web....  To alarm them, you'd need to
write in Chinese and get a following inside China.   Anyway this is
just my observation and peripheral to the main matters at hand...

-- Ben