[Bmi] Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) vs. Understanding Brain-Mind

Juyang Weng weng at cse.msu.edu
Sun Nov 18 15:47:38 EST 2012

On 11/16/12 9:14 PM, Ben Goertzel wrote:
 > I will be quite interested to attend your Brain-Mind conference,
assuming my schedule permits.... So please let me know when it's
announced ;)
 > I agree that autonomous development is important for AGI. However, I
don't agree that closely modeling the human brain is the only way to do
autonomous development.  The AGI conference series is open to all
approaches to the goal of AGI at the human level and beyond, whether
brain-oriented or not...