[Bmi] Li Fei-Fei, Plagiarism, and Myopia in AI

Juyang Weng weng at cse.msu.edu
Thu Jan 26 08:00:46 EST 2017

Dear All, the following email was sent to Fei-Fei Li, Geoffrey Hinton,
Kunihiko FUKUSHIMA, Yann LeCun, Alex (Sandy) Pentland, Christof Koch,
Pietro Perona, Narendra Ahuja, Thomas Huang, John Tsotsos, Michael
Jordan, Jay McClelland, Olaf Sporns, Ida Stockman, Mriganka Sur

Dear Li Fei-Fei:

I am attaching the email below that I sent to MSU CSE faculty for your
information
with CC to all people whose names were mentioned in my blog, except
Zhou Qiang and Xi Jinping whose emails are not available.
I plan to send express mails to Zhou Qiang and Xi Jinping.

Please feel free to give me your responses about my questions in the blog.

I hope that Profs. Pietro Perona and Christof Koch could tell us some
context about
Li Fei-Fei's PhD thesis.

Chris, I did not meant to give Fei-Fei a hard time, but these issues are
important
to the AI field's future and should be openly discussed.
These issues are not personal, but instead academic.

Best regards,

-John