[Bmi] Can we build a conscious machine?

Dorian Aur dorianaur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:38:23 EST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

 If something is physically realizable (e.g. consciousness) then *we should
 be able to reproduced  it in one form or another*.  However, it seems that
solely using digital computers it can't be done. We do not have "the
algorithm" and we might not find it. Consciousness d*oes not appear to be
computable *- arXiv:1405.0126.
We can wait another fifty years and search for "the algorithm" or we can do
it fast using a hybrid system.

Once Bill Gates said: “If you invent a breakthrough in artificial
intelligence, so machines can learn, that is worth 10 Microsofts”.
Building intelligent (conscious) systems that can talk, move and solve
problems like us will be the goal of many companies in the future. Such
 machine   would  be  "laughing of the mechanic aspects of its being"
http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/2.1.2286.5608 . *That’s the machine that is
worth  far more than 10 Microsofts *.

I'm an optimist in the sense that I believe "humans are noble and
honorable, and some of them are really smart"  so I  feel that  such
conscious (intelligent) machines can be built during our lifetime.

Thank you,
Dorian Aur

PS   I’m looking for reliable collaborators to reduce this general proposal
to practice. We need a dish, some neurons, interface hardware, and a few
computers. A very modest beginning . . .  and we can change forever the
world we live in. Please, also read Questions and Answers
http://arxiv.org/abs/1411.5224