[Bmi] Brain-Mind Institute summer school 2013 and International Conference on Brain-Mind 2013

Juyang Weng weng at cse.msu.edu
Wed Feb 13 14:01:31 EST 2013

Dear colleagues:

I would like to thank you all for your contributions to the trend of
brain and mind research and to the Brain-Mind Institute 2012.

We had BMI summer school 2012, which taught three courses:
- BMI 811 Biology for BMR (on MSU site),
- BMI 821 Neuroscience for BMI (on MSU site), and
- BMI 871 Computational Brain-Mind (distance learning).
We also had the International Conference on Brain-Mind (on MSU site).
http://www.brain-mind-institute.org/program-summer-2012.html

In Dec. 2012, we had the 2nd Brain-Mind Workshop in Shanghai, China
http://www.brain-mind-workshop.org/

Yes, we plan to run BMI summer school 2013 and ICBM 2013.   We
continuously need you and more others to work together so as to make BMI
2013
more useful to you, your colleagues and your students.

Please either send your response to all or me with regard to the
following questions:
(1) Are you interested in organizing BMI 2013 as one of the committee
members, such as BMI Academic Committee (AC) and ICBM Conference
Committee (CC)?
AC committee members will send students to the summer school and CC
committee members will either submit papers or review papers.
(2) What suggestions do you have for BMI summer school 2013 and ICBM 2013?
(3) What dates in the summer 2013 should BMI 2013 avoid?
(4) Tentatively, we plan to offer
- BMI 831 Psychology for BMR (on MSU site) since this was not offered
2012 and
- BMI 871 (distance learning) using the new book Natural and Artificial
Intelligence <http://www.brain-mind-institute.org/press.html> as the
textbook.  Sorry, in 2012, the book was not fully ready.
Do you have other courses that you feel strongly that we should offer?
(5) If you do not see your name on this list, you received this email
from the bmi mail list and you will only receive BMI public
announcements in the future.
(6) Add-on and drop-out:
- If you like to participate in the organization of BMI or you have some
colleague to suggest, send me an email.
- If you see your name on this list but you do not like to participate
on the organization of BMI, send me an email.
(7) You can always subscribe and unsubscribe, as often as you like, to
the BMI list by visiting
http://lists.cse.msu.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/bmi
(8) After hearing your input in a week or so, we plan to have our
initial BMI 2013 and ICBM 2013 web site open to public.

Best regards,

-John

--
--