[Bmi] Discussion on group intelligence

Vojo vkecman at vcu.edu
Sat Dec 24 00:49:45 EST 2011

Yep, quite correct statement,

but /the basic assumption while talking about group/'s both action and
performance is that the group /has the same/ cost (fitness, objective,
loss, merit, etc) function. In other words, that it works under same
norm. (In science, the norm used is typically to get better results,
meaning the result closer to the 'truth', or closer to the true state of
the nature as perceived by the group. Important is that each individual
works under same norm, which is often the case in 'science').

If, on the other side, subgroups of the group (and there may be 2,3,
..., up to |group| )   have different objective functions, group will
rarely be better than many individuals. Example given below is a great one!